Monday, September 3, 2012

Letter To You, E.

Well... I guess there isn't a wrong time or right time to do this, but I feel like now is a good time to do this.

...Wow, I don't even know where to start...
uhm....


Little brother.

We've shared a room for... what, about 10 years now?
Well, we've lived together for 13.
It feels so long, yet so short.

You trust me with a lot.
You don't trust me with everything.
I remember the nightly talks we used to have, lying in our beds.
You thought and maybe still do think I'm some sort of all-knowing book of answers.
...I love you for that.

So... you like a girl. I gotta say... nice choice.
Although it's a little weird that she kind of reminds me of myself...
Maybe it's only natural that you admire the same qualities in her that you do in me.
She's nice. She's pretty. She seems trustworthy, as far as I know.
She's not materialistic, but she cares about appearances.
You told her you liked her far before I told my crush I liked him.
Respect points, bro.

But... she turned you down. She says she goes for different kinds of guys.
She says you're not her type. Ah.. the simplicity and innocence of preteens.
As much as it hurts to say this.. little brother, you're not so little anymore.

I give you this advice:
  • don't get hung up on people.
  • don't change for anyone.
  • unless it's good change. in that case, change away.
  • there will be others. the first one usually hurts the most.
  • you'll learn that you don't have to have be dating someone to feel happy.
  • however, it will hurt when you find out that the ones you love most are the ones you have to let go of.
  • I can't help you with this one. I have yet to find a day when I don't get upset because of it.
  • You used to be shy. I was too. But you're changing yourself in ways I can't say I like, and it's hard for you to find a better new you, when the person you've always been and were good at being goes unnoticed.
Keep being a nice guy. A good guy. The sweet romantic you are. The fun-loving boy. The fool. Don't be ashamed to be shy sometimes... Girls think that's cute. The ones that are worth it will like you for you, and no one else. You have plenty of time to find her.

Go ahead. Run now. Run as fast as you can, and never give up on finding her.
I'll be fighting for you and with you. ♥

-Experienced Novice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M LONELY. You don't even have to sign in as anyone, you could troll the heck out of this blog if you really want to. Even if your comments are irrelevant or you start a comment war with yourself I don't mind.

I'd love to hear from you!