Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Storytime!

I like writing. I haven't done full-length stories in a while, but sometimes I come up with these pretty good concepts in the middle of the night and just lie there and let it all form inside my mind. So I will definitely start putting little excerpts of these on here.



"Please tell me when this will all be over," she whispered, as she closed her eyes and tried to control her breathing. She curled up into a crevice in a large tree and waited silently for a cue. She looked to fragile, so afraid, that I felt weak in my knees to think that this delicate creature depended on me for her survival. If I were able to touch her, I would. If only I could. My desperation, a craving to extend my arm and lay my hand on her shoulder to assure that everything was going to be alright would never be satisfied.

Minutes passed as I looked all around for the coast to be clear. The guards were gone, now. All the men left back to the kingdom, probably would return for another search in an hour or so. "Barely enough time," I muttered to myself. Luckily for me, she could not hear me. No one could. But since my departure she had been able to pick up on these little traces of me left behind. The queen was sure she had gone mad when she found her mumbling to herself alone in her bedroom. They had put her through so much. Tests, doctors, priests of all sorts came and tried to "cure" her of this strange disease, this curse. But how no one could even come close to feeling the pain that my curse is, to be stuck here on this land, wandering because you cannot leave the one you love. I love her. I can't leave her. So, doomed I am in this misery, following her around. I feel like such a burden, so selfish. If I were just able to have left her, she would have been spared from all this. I just can't force myself to leave her.. I gave her the signal.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The forest would be safe, for now. The willows shivered, a breeze blew through the clearing and I felt goosebumps from the back of my neck to the bottom of my spine. There, there through the clearing was where we would go.This was her way of communicating with me. Mother doesn't believe me. She refuses to accept that her daughter is gone. She's always had a preference for her... Clarissa. My sister. But ever since she passed, Mother's been nothing but a mad wreck. She's been devastated since she left. She doesn't even talk to me anymore. Clarissa was the only thing that ever held us together.

So when I started talking to her again, mother told me I was mad. She said to stop believing in crazy things and to stop torturing her with my made-up stories. If only she could feel her, like I do. If only she weren't gone, if everything could be back to normal, and we could live like we used to. I'd do anything to bring her back if I could. Anything.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

She looks so peaceful. Sleeping. I can't touch her. I mustn't. So I sit in silence and stare at her asleep. I take her all in with my eyes. She's not exactly what you'd call pretty. But I find her to be the most beautiful girl ever. Her skin, her messy, wavy, dark hair, falling over her face. Unable to resist, I kiss her forehead. I immediately pull back. She starts convulsing, I feel weak. Lights blur all around me, my head spins. Her eyes flutter, open and shut, open and shut. I'm struggling to stay strong for her, but the world spins non-stop and I feel myself, weaker and weaker. What have I done?

Everything turns off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M LONELY. You don't even have to sign in as anyone, you could troll the heck out of this blog if you really want to. Even if your comments are irrelevant or you start a comment war with yourself I don't mind.

I'd love to hear from you!