Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Meet me: but not me.

I've always liked Lady GaGa; her crazy outspoken, unafraid of controversy and fun-loving persona just makes me want to hug her so much and thank her for inspiring me. The MTV Music Awards are coming up (of which I don't care that much) and I remember something getting the media abuzz last year: Jo Calderone. You could say I had a crush. His tough exterior, unclassy smoking and drinking habits and attitude gave me this weird feeling in the pits of my stomach, although I knew it was GaGa under all that garb. Yet it didn't take much to transform this woman into a strikingly similar yet entirely different person, which, to be honest, kinda made me question what I was really into: the person or the act?


Somehow attractive. Don't judge. Look at him...her...it? I give up.

My friends, A. and E., drew characters for themselves. And recently I've been thinking about my character. A person inside me who really doesn't show. Who would I be if I sort-of stereotyped myself? Artists do it all the time. , they draw their characters in their likeness. Musicians become the rockstar they've dreamed of being for that one night. Actors add their own touch into the character they're playing and make a script come alive.

So..? Who would I be? Strange thing to think about. But I've come to the conclusion that I would be many people, actually, as schizophrenic as that sounds. (not to make light of schizophrenia, but, y'know.)

I'm going to talk about these people, use them, write as them, think what they would think, develop new people inside me and have a little fun... I've always wanted to be an actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M LONELY. You don't even have to sign in as anyone, you could troll the heck out of this blog if you really want to. Even if your comments are irrelevant or you start a comment war with yourself I don't mind.

I'd love to hear from you!