Sunday, December 30, 2012

My 2012

It's almost the end of the year and looking back on it as a time period, it has gone by fast. But of course, when we examine spans of time day by day, it felt like those minutes were little forevers, some beautiful, some hideous.

How we wish we could encase those beautiful moments in glass and keep them close to us, near and dear to our hearts. There have certainly been a lot of moments in this year that I loved and will forever love. Friends that have been there for me no matter how crappy I was feeling, a simple hug that came at the right moment, singing carols to the ill, being trusted with something that no one else has ever been trusted with, having conversations with your best friends late at night, hearing my parents laugh together instead of yelling at each other (which doesn't happen too often), the first day of summer vacation, my friend's job party...

And how the bad moments were just unwanted... some were petty, others serious. Having those terrible days when everything sucked, the feelings of not wanting to get up or see anyone or even live, getting a bad grade that caused me to go down into failing territory, unwanted advances, liking people I shouldn't, almost getting in a car crash, awkward silences and misunderstandings, finding illegal drugs on my front porch...

But either way, 2012 was a pretty average year for me XD

This sounds self-contradicting but I can't wait for the new year (the year in its entirety, not the NYE/NY hype) as I plan to accomplish a lot more in 2013 and improve myself and the world around me.

Damn straight, AMERICA. Watch out for this madwoman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M LONELY. You don't even have to sign in as anyone, you could troll the heck out of this blog if you really want to. Even if your comments are irrelevant or you start a comment war with yourself I don't mind.

I'd love to hear from you!