Sunday, October 12, 2014

the extroverted side

I find it frustrating that one of the habits I dislike most in a person is one that I have been practicing for a large portion of my life. As I look back on posts, I realize that something that is very significant in my life is how the eras of my life are defined or drawn, is closely associated with who I was romantically/sexually/emotionally interested or close to at the time. I'm almost quick to call myself flimsy or jejeune because of this, since a large portion of my identity and my locus is only in relation to others; however upon closer examination of myself, I realize that although maybe it once was, now this is no longer a problem. If it has been said that humans are social creatures by nature, then I am one of the most human humans ever. I am the bee that becomes energized by contact with every flower with pollen or nectar to offer. Without people around, to come back to to have deep connections with, I still sometimes become a bit lost and insecure of myself because there is nothing for me to do. No one to grow with, no energy, no motivation. When I have a positive bond with someone, I flourish; then when I do go back to being alone (only temporarily) I can reflect on what I can do without them and grow forth.

Once, maybe, this was a problem when I could not find a balance between people time and me time. When I had no one to crush on, no real close friend, or anyone to lean on I didn't know what to make of myself. I thought my self worth was based on whether someone else liked me or not. To some degree, I still fall back on this bad habit and catch myself thinking like this. I became overly dependent on people and felt deeply rejected and like a failure when they didn't want or need me.

Now, I'm able to distinguish between needing someone and depending on them more often than I used to.

Oh boy, do I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M LONELY. You don't even have to sign in as anyone, you could troll the heck out of this blog if you really want to. Even if your comments are irrelevant or you start a comment war with yourself I don't mind.

I'd love to hear from you!